Home Remedies for Scabies
Scabies is a kind of skin infection caused by a certain type of mite. It is very contagious and can be spread easily from person to person. The symptoms of scabies are extreme itching especially during bedtime, redness of the skin and blisters.
The spread of scabies in a household can be prevented by home remedies for scabies. The bed linens (bed covers, blankets, pillow cases) and clothing of an infected person should be washed separately in hot water and dried at high temperature. If a person with scabies is using a medication to treat scabies, the family members who are not infected should also use that medication as a preventive home remedies for scabies.
The following home remedies for scabies can be effective cure for this type of skin ailment.
- Mix 10 ml or tea tree oil and 90 ml of distilled witch hazel. Apply the mixture on the affected area as a lotion after taking a bath or a shower. This procedure will end the itching and the sores.
- Combine pure lavender oil with alcohol. This is one of the most effective home remedies for scabies when applied to affected areas. You must make sure that you apply enough of the mixture to penetrate through your skin, to kill the mites and all the eggs.
- To minimize the extreme itching brought on by scabies; soak the infected part of your body in ice cold water. If this is not possible, you can use a cold washcloth and apply it on the affected skin.
- Mix sulfur cream with high concentration of oil will work well on affected arms and hands. The sulfur soap alone can cure scabies, same with lemon juice.
Scabies can give you an unpleasant experience, but it can be treated once it is clearly identified.
Incoming search terms:
- home remedy for scabies treatment